Power in Partnership (Widnes)7 Queens Avenue
Claire Bradbury set up ‘Power In Partnership’ in 2011 after working in Halton’s third sector, Claire’s passion is to nurture young people from the most disadvantaged backgrounds, helping them to gain skills and qualifications to improve their life opportunities.
Power In Partnership is a Power Houses for community learning within socially disadvantaged wards across Halton. The first Power House was opened on Alcock Street in Runcorn Old Town, we now have centre’s in,
- Runcorn – 3-5 Old Town, Alcock Street
- Widnes – 7 Queens Avenue
We believe that all young people have the potential to develop their own skills and talents given encouragement and a learning environment that helps them to study in a non-traditional, community based setting rather than using an academic, class based approach.
We believe that our learning model provides students with a flexible and laid back approach that is tailored around their individual needs. We want to get away from the stigmatizing ‘NEET’ label and treat these young people, not as failures but as valuable members of society with skill to offer.
- Provide specialist support to meet individual needs.
- Build confidence and self-esteem. Raise aspirations. Develop personal, social and basic skills.
- Access to specialist information, advice and support services to address needs. Provide safe, fun and enriching experiences. Promote further learning and progression.
- Mentoring and coaching
- Basic skills and personal development programmes
- Access to specialist information advice and support services
- Information, advice and guidance
- Sign posting and referral to our extensive range of partners
Upcoming Hub Events
There are no scheduled events at this site. Check back soon